The PurAyr™ R-15 is based on a commercially used decontamination method called Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP), also known as photocatalysis. During this process the UV light and Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles are used to generate extremely high levels of Ozone (O3), Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) and Hydroxyl Radicals (*HO). As these oxidative gases react and break down the organic compounds into simple elements, they fall harmlessly back into Oxygen (O2). The PurAyr™ process is basically speeding up time, rapidly oxidizing odors, bacteria and VOCs without the use of chemicals.
The PurAyr™ R-15 uses a five phase process for photocatalysis:
- HEPA air filtration intake (removes particulates and protects equipment)
- germicidal irradiation (UV light)
- reduction oxidation (called Redox)
- electrochemical production of trivalent oxygen (O3) and vapor phase hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)
- production of hydroxyl radicals
The science behind the PurAyr™ R-15 is being used in various industries for many beneficial applications, these include: self-cleaning glass, water disinfection, crude oil spill cleanup, conversion of water to hydrogen gas, sterilization of surgical instruments, cleaning sensitive electrical and optical components, and much more.
Why use PurAyr™ technology?
Save Time- The massive Hydrogen Peroxide and Ozone output cuts treatment times by up to 90% compared to other approaches
Increase Profit- Nano Deodorization can be billed out at twice the rate of traditional ozoning
Reduce Waste- Materials that were once considered a loss can be safely cleaned and treated instead of torn out and replaced
Eliminate Callbacks- This is not a masking agent, if the source odor is not completely neutralized it will reveal itself immediately after treatment, allowing it to be properly addressed before it is covered up.
Treat All Contents Onsite– All building materials and contents can be safely treated onsite or in a chamber, even sensitive items such as leather, electronics, fine art, antiques or fur coats. This is true for several reasons:
- The reaction is UV-driven so there are no nitrogen oxide (NOx) bi-products as found in traditional ozone production (these are the bi-products responsible for caustic residues and material breakdown with traditional ozoning). Only people, plants and pets must be removed from the treatment area.
- The gas levels are extremely high so the duration of the exposure is dramatically reduced